Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just some things

Here is stuff that I want to say- just because it occurred to me over the last couple of weeks:

Suffering is not a competition. It's also not a religion. Pain is pain, you can choose to get over it or not, and mine is no worse nor better than yours. Deal.

Ladies, when in a bar, please DO NOT squat over the toilet whilst peeing- I do not appreciate sitting in your piss. Just sit the fuck down. You'll expose others to fewer germs and experience same that way. Idiots.

Finding your first white hair south of the border, so to speak is a surefire way to feel old. Even if you still get carded.

Apple cider drunk is strange, and yields a surprising array of blank spots in an evening. I don't plan on doing that again. Ever.

As far as I'm concerned, and this is my blog, so my rules- if you're still re-hashing a breakup, firing, or any kind of that stuff that doesn't involve death, sickness, or the law, there is a shelf life for bitching about it. War stories need to remain current, or they just become meaningless bellyaching. No one cares about the fish you caught when you were 12. Ditto the job you lost when you were 22 (and you're in your mid 40's).

Humidity + my hair is very bad. And makes me sad. I give up.

That's all that I need to say for now. No doubt I'll have more later. I am, after all, a big old windbag!


1 comment:

slyboots2 said...

Mine was a combo pack of beer, wine and cinnamon schnaps. Never again. Certainly, never, never again.