Friday, September 23, 2005

Whatcha doin?

Spouse used to ask, "Where ya goin piece of wood?" Makes me laugh out loud every time.

Been busy as hell this last week. Sorry not to write, but by the time it occurred to me, I was either in a time crunch or too damned tired. LSATs are a week out, and I'm trying to finalize some strategy stuff.

I had a job interview today for a really, really cool job. I told the guys that I want the job, and that I'm their girl. I hope that I convinced them of this. I really do think I can do one hell of a job for them. We'll see. I'm supposed to know in about a week. Which is good, since the job I currently have ends on October 7th. We're swamped at work, which is also why I'm so damned tired. We had a huge deadline today, so it should get better.

Today on the bus we had anger management man at the first stop before my house. He was totally profane about getting off the bus using the front door. He came unglued rather easily. I was kind of hoping that the driver would argue with him some more, but it didn't go there. I wanted to see the little fucknugget get his comeuppance. It would've capped off a grueling day very nicely.

Am now watching the news to see what has washed away in the last hour or so. It's rough to watch. Guess I'll dust off the credit card and donate some more...

Oh- another thing that happened in the last week- we had to put the kitten, Buddy on the prozac. Seriously. It is kitty prozac- tuna flavored. No shit. Seriously. For real. He has been peeing on the bed. While we're in it. When he gets upset. This makes me very unhappy. So rather than kill him or harm him or get rid of his cute little ass, we are trying this. The vet assures us that there's a good chance that it will enable him to forget his former behaviors. I would put good money on it that he did this before we got him, and that the woman who was fostering him lied about his training habits. He had been fostered once before. Two foster homes in a 4 month life span seems a tad suspicious in retrospect. I just didn't even think about it at the time. Guess I should've. But I was in love. Still am. Just more nervous at bedtime than I was before.

Get this- they did a background check on me for my current job. Seems that the agency is claiming that they had to run checks on 12-15 city/counties that I have resided in. What bullshit. I have only lived in 7 city/counties in my entire life. This is a ripoff. So sayeth I.

Anyway- time to go eat, mes amigos.

4 comments:

cb said...

maybe it's your evil twin living out in el segundo.

slyboots2 said...

God I hope not. I worked for a credit card company back in the day in the fraud department, and that's a very real fear in my lexicon of fears...

Anonymous said...

Get there early - bring lots of pencils, and good luck on the test, it's a killer (cursive and all).

slyboots2 said...

Indeed. And I'm currently working on fluid intake- severely restrictive without eliminating the caffiene necessary to function.
Dammit, I hate this!!! 6 days to go.