Monday, September 05, 2005

Things I learned this weekend

Lucky me- my mother and step-father came to town for a few days. Then they went on a cruise to Alaska. While they were here, I learned the following:

-the sausages from the sausage store in Pike Street Market give me a migraine. Bastards.

-the Air Force Academy has a bunch of birds of prey that they use as mascots for their football games. They carry them around. The birds do have a useful function- they are used to clear the flight deck on carriers of other birds.

-I have too many fucking plants. They moved upstairs today. I will love them again after I cease having a headache.

-just because someone claims to have 20+ years of experience doing their job doesn't make them particularly good at it. The guy who transported the cases to California is a disorganized, completely unprofessional tool. We hate him.

-The kitties are trying very hard to get my attention by jumping on the keyboard. This makes writing difficult. As does the headache. Just wanted to say something possibly interesting today.

5 comments:

cb said...

most 'meat products' have nitrates in them, could be you are sensitive? or it could just be the lips and assholes.

slyboots2 said...

I am a sensitive flower. I bruise easily, just like a gardenia- and am about as pale.

I think these ones were loaded with MSG- which nails me very quickly. Stupid lips and assholes.

(S)wine said...

I am trying to somehow connect "Not tonight dear, I have a headache" to meaty sausages, but it's way too early right now. Maybe you could compose a witty comment for me?

slyboots2 said...

Ode to sausages-
Screw it- I just got home from work. I'll write a sausage haiku.

Sausages on head
making headache so good now
need medicine fast.

And sadly, they were crappy sausages to boot. I took one for the wrong team. And you can interpret that any way you would like.

(S)wine said...

"took one for the wrong team..."
ha! brilliant!