Thursday, September 08, 2005

Things I saw on the walk to work

Before being uncerimoniously sent home (via the bus, dammit), I did see something funny on the way to work.

There was a man looking at his reflection in a plate glass window. He was fluffing and brushing his very pretty long, brownish, wavy hair. Then I noticed...it was a MULLET!!! The longest, prettiest, and most proudly displayed mullet that I have ever seen (at least since 1990). Beautiful, man. Party in back, business in the front. I always wonder if anyone has ever told him that mullets aren't de rigeur anymore. He'd probably snort, and then cold cock anyone stupid enough to mention it.

On the way to work yesterday, the bus got hit. By a truck. The driver didn't stop. So we proceeded on in crippled state. It was kinda funny how nonchalant our driver was about it. Didn't blink.

The woman who ran our meeting yesterday- I will describe her. You will see her in your mind's eye perfectly. She was a Tonya Hardingesque hardened blond. Only shorter. And with more current earning potential. I thought she was kinda bitchy. I'm just saying. Or it could be the virus channelling through me.

And I'm spent. Time to go sit in front of the tv and watch a Norma Shearer movie. Followed by a Jean Harlow movie. Then, if I'm still awake, I have a Greta Garbo silent to watch. Or I might just say fuck it and watch whatever crap is on Comedy Central all night. Like it matters. I'm feverish and delirious.

No comments: