Thursday, September 08, 2005

Take it up a notch

So yesterday we had a day-long meeting. Then I stayed and helped my boss enter the data we accumulated into the computer. It was a 14 hour day. Then I went home and promptly got the flu. I was sent home today with a fever. I haven't been sent home since I was in gradeschool. And then it was for having a 3 day intermittent bloody nose. I remember that it was the only time (non serious evening event emergency) when my dad came and walked me home. It was such an event that I remember it very well.

Anyway, I also had a job interview that I seem to have bolluxed up over the phone. I learned within hours that I didn't get the job. And I told him that I was sick and all. Fuck. I didn't want his stupid job with its $50K/year income. Stupid man with his stupid phone voice. A pox or a flu virus on his home.

Who gets the bloody flu twice in 3 months, anyway??? I want my mommy to come here and make me some pudding. I want to collapse and watch reruns of The Avengers for hours. And have a good cry (lucky Spouse- he'll be in for a really fun night tonight!). But Mom is on a boat in Alaska and will be here on Sunday. Hope I'm better by then so I don't contaminate her and my Step-father. I think that falls under the honor thy father and mother clause in the 10 commandments. Contamination = mortal sin. I'm pretty sure.

2 comments:

cb said...

I'm sorry you are feeling cruddy.

I'm currently typing this from 10 feet away with my new ergonomic wireless keyboard. I have just joined the 2000's now.

Not to be a chicken little but repeated flu-like illness can be due to allergies, like to say cats, of which you have like 20.

When I used to live with my allergen (parrots, long story, don't ask), I would get bronchitis alot.

Feel better, don't perish.

slyboots2 said...

I shan't. The little angels with fur who lay on me while I'm reclining on my couch wishing for an early death won't let me. Who would feed them?

I had the bronchitis cycle in high school (second hand smoke from very addicted father)- and hate to think this would be likened to that. I'll keep an eye on it.

You are an icon of new age technology, my friend. I am in appropriate awe.

Seriously- get a pipe- you can tap it on the table to make a point in class. It wouldn't annoy, only enlighten.