Saturday, September 10, 2005

I'm beginning to see the light

And quoting Lou Reed while I'm at it.

Slowly, she turns, step by step and realizes that, indeed, she is human after all. Not just a mass of achy phlegmy breaky heart. (phlegm is one of my most hated words in any language. Up there with polyp. There- I've said them both. Ick. I better go shower now.)

I'm getting better. So this version of flu isn't as bad as the one I had in May. It ain't a fucking cakewalk, but I'll get by. I'm skipping my class, watching Spouse do all of the rest of the moving while reclining on the couch watching 30s movies on the Tivo, and drinking my obligitory fluids.

Recommendations- I have a few. Mannequin with Joan Crawford (an acquired taste for me) and a young (and shockingly cute) Spenser Tracy was very good. Also good was Today We Live- also Joan, with Gary Cooper (has my birthday, born in the same town, allegedly hung like a fucking horse), Franchot Tone, and a very young and also suprising cute Robert Young. Whoda known?

Anyway, lest you think that I'm enjoying my illness, let me tells ya- nope. Since it has sunk to the lung region, we've entered the coughing phase of the flu. So, it's back to the couch for me, and I'll surface at a later date and confess all. Or at least some. You probably wouldn't be remotely interested in all. Just the highlights.

4 comments:

(S)wine said...

WTF?? Why did you have to spoil my movie star vision of Gary Cooper by mentioning his cock?? Why????????

slyboots2 said...

Hey- it doesn't spoil anything for me, sunshine! In fact, it makes me love him all that much more.

Don't get me started about Uncle Milty, though- he is just gross on all levels.

And I don't know why I collect such a random silly lot of facts.

(S)wine said...

...especially now that he's been rotting in that hole for a few years.

slyboots2 said...

He was a putrid man. I really couldn't stand the sight of him. Smarmy- icky- but he's legendary in some circles. And you're right- he's probably more putrid now then he was 10 years ago.