Thursday, September 01, 2005

So today isn't the cheeriest of days

I can't quit paying attention to the news coverage. It's like on 9/11 when I was glued to the tv and the web. I am so torn up inside- it's the most helpless feeling. Yes, we've donated money. More than I can really affort since my job is ending soon. But I have to. I still feel horrible. Like there's something else that I should be doing. I'm frustrated by the inaction of the authorities. I am in full-on rant mode. And there's no real outlet that matters. I want to blame someone for the breakdown of services, etc. But really- my reasonable voice says- there's no one to blame. This wasn't intentional. This wasn't planned. It was something that they just didn't predict. And now many, many people are dead. Many, many are homeless. I just can't think about it anymore. It makes me start to cry.I feel guilty for not being part of it...which sucks. And is stupid.

No comments: