Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yesterday I had an adventure. I felt like crap- am having allergies, seems like there are these things in the air that like to plug my sinuses and make me unhappy. So after sleeping off the Benedryl, it was time to do something productive.

Kman had gone to a beer fest with our friends. I was not up to the crowds, so just played it solo. Went to a couple of flower/plant places. I can see some of my male friends whimpering as their eyes start to glaze over. Just consider yourselves lucky that I didn't parade my new cactus (with pretty pink needles), the miniature african violets and the orchid in front of you. Kman is a lucky man. But I know him well enough that he doesn't feign interest in my plant thing anymore. Just like I really don't listen to him extolling the virtues of one motorcycle over the other. Blah, blah, blah...I love him anyway, and he reciprocates.

Reminds me of the Gene Simmons bio that I mindlessly watched the other night. The man is a pig. Let's establish that right the fuck now. An absolute pig. Can NOT stand him. If he spit on me whilst in costume like he did the interviewer, I would have to be physically restrained from ripping his face apart. It would just be. So what is my point? Ah, yes. He has been in this relationship with Shannon Tweed (who has aged amazingly gracefully, and who I like a lot), for something like 20 years and won't marry her. That is not the part I find remarkable. What I thought was actually one redeeming quality for the man is that she said (and I paraphrase because I was not taking notes), "he may go out and play, but he always comes home to me." And she doesn't waste a lot of time worrying about other women. That is remarkable that he has done something right enough that she feels secure in their relationship like that. Cudos on that point to him. Otherwise, he is a pig.

Now that is kind of how I would sum up my relationship with Kman- not that he is a pig, but that we feel that kind of security, and it makes me thrive. I hope that it does the same for him, and since I haven't heard any complaints am assuming so. We do check in from time to time on that subject, and all is copacetic.

And I think that the kitties will forget Father's Day again. It happens. They are kind of dumb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will the real gene simmons stand up?
who knows what this man is really like? he produced shitty music, though. and was quite successful at it.
i don't watch his reality show, so i'm not sure how he comes across; something tells me it's all a put-on, just without make-up.
who knows.