Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My other writing project...
While this one knows no ends or really any beginning, the other one is shaping up nicely, thank you.

Last night I read Kman the first thing that I have shared. And he was impressed (or faked it well). He said that it was good for being so rough, and he wanted to know more. That made me happy. And now I have to figure out where it goes next.

This might not make sense- but the other project is just freeforming itself all over the place. It's scary as shit, because I start writing with intent, and it goes somewhere else entirely. And I know enough about this process to stay out of the way. If it winds up being a silly mess, so be it. At least it will be done. And I will have it out of my system.

But so far, the portents are good. I want to know where it is going, and that is always a good sign, no?

So that's what I've been doing. That and watching the fucking rain. For the record, it is a very wet year. But still.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'course...writing has its own life. it's a nasty animal, really. but so lovely at the same time. good luck pulling all the ends together.

slyboots2 said...

It is kind of a strange slog. I enjoy it, but don't really worry about it- I can drop in and write whenever I want. I am amazed at this. Used to be that the muse was much more temperamental than that. I shouldn't write this- probably bollux up the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

nope. i'm the same way. shit flows to me, or it doesn't. i used to get freaked when it didn't. but blank periods don't last long for me. and i, too, can "drop in" and write something, and then "get out." this 21st century life is about compartmentalizing (like my Clinton-era speak? you know you do) and reducing into concentrated capsules.

slyboots2 said...

When you start blathering on about synergy, I will know that all is lost. Until then, keep up the compartmentalizing. It appears to be working for you.