Monday, June 02, 2008

guess that there wasn't really a plan. I just expected to wake up and the world to be a different place. I didn't take into consideration that I would be different too. That would be necessary, no?

It's not what I was after, and it wasn't what I envisioned. Not that it's bad, or anything, but not what I had in mind at all. But then again, we have already established that I didn't have much in mind, besides a broad overview, or a gross generalization.

I suppose now is where I make peace with the whole thing, and decide that it was all for the best. But really, that doesn't take into account regrets. It doesn't account in the least for bruised feelings and disappointments. It doesn't take into account the scars both physical and metaphorical that I have acquired along the way. Oh, and the grey hairs that I so adeptly hide most of the time, unless I get lazy.

I don't want to be peaceful about it. I really don't feel like the platitudes hold up. Again with the platitudes. And what is "it's all for the best" if not one of the most pervasive ones? Who the hell knows if it was and is all for the best? Have you never read the story of Job? If not, I would recommend it. Never say a man or woman is happy until they are dead and buried. There is always room for Eris. She can show up and ruin any party. It's her favorite blood sport.

1 comment:

kim wells said...

I really need to get to work writing my novel stuff. I was so excited when I did a bunch of research weeks ago but I have wasted so much time lately NOT writing. What the heck have I been doing? :)