Thursday, January 11, 2007

Now that the snow and ice have settled

I am home on another ice/snow day. The hill next to our house is solidly ice. So I don't think I'll be working. Good news- I put in monster overtime hours earlier this week, so won't get hit financially.

I really can't think of any bad news. None really. Still in jammies. Just finished the coffee. Leisurely perusal of all of my favorite websites. I have to recommend Stuff on my Cat today- particularly delicious.

I'm going to hit the Tivo and start watching movies next. If Kboy doesn't drive me batshit with his nervous energy. I think I'll send him on a hike down the hill. To evaluate the ice. I'll make sure he puts on his snow suit, mittens and hat first.

Remember those? I hated my snow suit. I hated my mittens. And I still hate my hat. I preferred icy hands- because I could do stuff with the fingers. Mittens felt like being crippled. And the snow suit made me look silly, I thought. I was all about the glamour at the age of 7. Sure got over that quickly. Dumb ass kid that I was.

We went to the store last night before the road froze. And saw lots of little kids in their snow suits. On adventures with their parents. They looked excited. I realized that they are probably having the winter of their lives. So many snow days! It was overkill, though. Because it didn't get motherass cold until this morning. And even then, cold is a relative term. I will justify my wimpiness by saying that we are getting a very chilly wind off of the water at our house. And it IS actually cold as hell.

1 comment:

(S)wine said...

here's hoping that you have enough booze to keep your toes warm.