Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Eve in dullsville

We didn't go out. We didn't do much. We watched French movies, drank a couple of special beers and went to bed at 12:05. We slept and slept.

We are happy. We watched the fireworks from the bedroom window. We kissed. We went to bed and slept and slept.

We woke up without the hangovers of New Years pasts. We woke up with our colds intact, but diminished. We had slept and slept.

We woke up to a grey day, and a Samuel L. movie on the TV. Get those Motherfucking snakes off of this Motherfucking plane. But not that Samuel L. movie. It's just the first thing I think of. We slept until it was on. Slept and slept.

I feel right now like I don't have to ever sleep again. But that worm will turn later. And I will sleep. And dream again.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

i fucking fell asleep watching the Everest thing--around 11: 30. no big deal, as i don't give a fuck about the same ol' fucked up Dick Clark stroke shit. But...some idjits in the 'hood popped fireworks from 12:30-1:30 am. SO I FUCKING DIDN'T SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

Have I mentioned how much I LOATHE fireworks? Never saw any sense for them. Either blow shit up categorically or don't. It's why I hate 4th of July festivities. Fucking Chinese...

Ah well, i got tomorrow off; I'm mourning Gerry Ford.

slyboots2 said...

I get a real kick out of New Year's fireworks. And here's why. 4th of July is safesville. New Years you have a passel of drunken idiots out there blowing off fireworks, drunk as hell, and losing fingers. I can hear the sirens from the fire station a block away, and they got rolling about 12:04. Meaning there were a few visits to emergency rooms round hereabouts. I'm all for blunt trauma to the digits. As long as they're someone else's digits. Idiots.

I think fireworks on the large scale are pretty. But otherwise not my favorite waste of money. Give me something to ingest with that money, and I'll be much happier.

Mourn on. Wear black. Think ponderous thoughts of pardoning Nixon. Or not. The guy was ok. His wife is amazing.