Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mama says

that a strong shot of sumpin sumpin will make you sleep better if you feel nasty.

Mama is right.

Now for those of you who just check in for the actual news items, not for the interior dialogue- here's the news flash.

There is snow. Lots and lots more snow. So...good thing I went to the store last night and stocked up on microwavable dinners. Because God loves the Hungry Man meals. And all the world loves Marie Callendar. Because she cooks everything with love and about 500 calories of fat. Screw Amy- she's the anemic, judgemental little Vegan bitch sister. Who is always harassing Marie about her love handles and cholesterol reading. Who is feeling the joy, though? Betcha it's not Amy. Who has perpetually dry skin. Needs some fat to grease things up.

I lied. Said I would keep to the news. See, even my good intentions are for naught. Because I just gotta spin.

We are looking with askance at the weather and wondering if it is safe to leave the house. We are wondering if we need to take one car and commute together part of the way. We are wondering if we'll get home tonight if we do leave. We are wondering many things.

But the good news of the morning- the Shakespeare Stout (pint of sheer joy in a bottle, I tells ye) did the trick. Because Mama said. And sleep, I did. The sleep of the just. Which could be theft, because no doubt I am not just and stole that from a more deserving soul. But fuck em. I needed it more.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

beer wouldn't do it for me.
like mama said, i needs me a STRONGER bit of somethin' somethin'.
but hey, whatever woiks.

slyboots2 said...

Last night would've been the night for the stronger stuff if I had been willing to get out of bed- just to shut the interior monologue OFF for a while. Damn, the neighbors upstairs are fucking noisy!!! Babble, babble, babble all damned night long. Idiots.