Thursday, January 04, 2007

Let's get this straight- once and for all

I am not going to be a mommy. That train has left the station. That boat has floated.

Not interested.

No, I don't hate children.

Yes, I have fully intact mommy instincts. That's what the kitties are for.

I do not now, nor do I ever want to be a mommy.

I am stopping the whole thing with me.

I have no desire to propigate for family, money, country or genetics.

I have no desire to cause another human being to endure my personality.

Especially a helpless little one.

I have inflicted enough damage on others in my life.

That's over now. The helpless ones, at least.

The rest of you...you were warned.

Be prepared. Wear your seatbelts. And if you have a helmet, wear it too!

Twisted road ahead.

Because some sins aren't forgivable. And I keep an updated catalog in my head of mine.

6 comments:

(S)wine said...

if people can't get that from your previous post, then they need a good beatin'.

and i'm glad SOME women out there take responsibility and speak the truth and don't pro-create.

unfortunately, it's always the fuckos who multiply. just look no further than me.

slyboots2 said...

Ah. But your daughter will have interesting stories to tell about her daddy. And ALL girls have daddy issues- it's totally unavoidable.

To quote Miss USA, "my personal demons are my personal demons." And I do choose not to inflict them on the helpless.

It was just a minor vent- not directed at the person who inspired it at all- because she doesn't know this blog exists. And I plan on keeping it that way.

(S)wine said...

actually, i'm keeping her away from the madness. if you were to see me around the family, there'd be no clue of all the insanity flowing around.

or at least that's what i choose to believe.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, would that be an inlaw that inspired it? Lol:)

You can inflict your personality on me anytime, baby ;) I LIKE it.

Oh, and just a sidenote, I don't really feel like I have daddy issues. But, I totally respect yours:)

slyboots2 said...

I wonder. Because I would never imply that mine are the same as yours, but to say that you don't have any complexities involved with a parent implies that the entire canon of western psychology doesn't apply to you. And that's to say that daddy and mommy issues are bad things. They're part of growing up and developing as a person. They can be destructive or instructive, as the case may be. Mine have been both on occasion, and I think I can comfortably say that things look great on that front at this point. But it wasn't always that way.

And no inlaws involved in the aforementioned vent (I think they've finally given up)- just a co-worker who doesn't know me very well. Really good person, just not clued in. And not likely to become so.

bedmonster said...

Hardly any of my friends want to have kids. The ones that do have kids had them on accident.

There are lots of good reasons not to have kids. Like how we're screwing up the planet and they'll probably have to die horrible deaths. Or how our society's disintegrating. Or how the world will be ruled only by psychopathic religious fundamentalists (I don't care what religion- doesn't matter). Our planet can't handle more kids.

Ummm...except I want kids. Because somebody's gotta combat the fuckos. I know I'm condeming them to a terrible fate. *sigh*