Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ya takes your lumps

And not in tea, my dear.

I've been in a full-on pout since Monday. Kenga got laid off. Still has the job when the company is back on its feet, but still. It's not the first time they've done this- but it has to be the last time he has to be treated this way. It really breaks me in half. I want him to be happy, and to have a fun job. But it kills me to see him treated this way. And I know that the bosses are decent people- just crappy businesspeople. Who seem desperate to make the wrong decisions consistently. It just makes me crabby. So now we're both at home on the job hunt. My tongue is bloody from biting it. And Kenga is playing with the cats using the flying feather toy. And watching Michael, starring my least favorite actor, John Travolta. I am hoping that he can take the time and restore some sense of where he really wants to go in life. And then can reach out and make it happen. Like I hope that I can do the same.

In the meantime, I'm taking more care to cook on the cheap, and make it good. I'm taking more walks. And spending more time with Kenga- just being. And watching movies. Movies, movies, movies. (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!) I've discovered one called The Americanization of Emily that is a must-see. It stars James Garner and Julie Andrews, and was probably the funniest war commentary short of Dr. Strangelove. Even funnier in a way, as it doesn't lean so heavily on the talents of Peter Sellers (who isn't one of my favorites, either). The writing was sharp, and the plot was killer. What's not to love, eh?

Now I've gotta go and email my resume to a friend who's out there spreading the word about my fabulousness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I hate lumps :(. Especially when served by Bibbi... They sure do know how to cook up icky lumps.

slyboots2 said...

Yeah. That's why I refer to tea- I certainly prefer the tea kind. But then what do I expect from those people? (that's me being all bitter- I think I'll go and actually make some tea, drink it from my favorite tea cup and feel better. And less bitter)

(S)wine said...

lumps are quite un-welcomed, say in...oh...breasteses.

slyboots2 said...

and on the head. That's where I'm experiencing them lately. Not in the chestal area thankfully.