Saturday, April 15, 2006

Eternal road trip

We rolled in a few hours ago from our whirlwind tour of Montana. Actually it wasn't much of a tour- only a couple of towns. But we do have a new car, and donated the Grand Am to a battered women's shelter. It was going to a woman who really needed it, and whose story was full of very grim realities. I hope that our anonymous gift makes a difference. If she looks hard, she'll find the Sailor Moon card, the Helena parking ticket, and the Kenga business card in one of the compartments, neatly hidden away. Just to show her that the car has a long, beloved history, to which she now belongs.

When we returned home, it was through a wicked storm, which I have no doubt will turn to snow in the Cascades tonight. We missed that, and I'm glad. We did, however enjoy about 24 solid hours of podcasts on the computer and GPS tracking via the same computer (Kenga rigged up a system so we can do this all via the car).

I found the stack of mail then. And found out, that like Scobby, I have been rejected by the old Alma Mater. The fuckers. They'll heretofore never, never, never get one red farthing from me or my family again. Bastards. It was not what I expected, as it's not on the same level as Penn State. So I'm still waiting on the Seattle U wait list option. But I did send my check to Penn State to hold my place. And it looks like we might be making a kind of reverse pilgrimage. My ancestors worked in the Pennsylvania mines after coming over from Slovenia. Therefore, it's probably destined.

In the meantime, I start a 2 week temp job on Monday for the bank, paying pretty damned well. I didn't get the other job- rack up 18 interviews total. Only 1 with a job and it was temp. Interestingly, he stated that the reason I was turned down was that he didn't think I could handle a client on the project. Bummer- I don't get the opportunity to deal daily with an asshole who would probably make me wish I was dead. Gee. I think I'll be very thankful. Plus the guy was a Porsche guy. We're BMW types, ourselves. And if I had the lottery in my pocket, it would be a 53 Olds convertable. Metal flake blue. White leather interior. With a new Corvette engine hidden under the voluminous hood. BRWWWOOOOORRR!!! Anyway, gotta go swill some wine, work the kinks out of my back and watch some South Park on the Tivo.

No comments: