Thursday, January 10, 2008

Today the obsession is with sweaters. Not sure why, only that the strongest impulse I have is to crawl back in bed and be warm. I think it has to do with winter. And with politics. And with work. And with the combo package of the last two. Things are happening, and I am trying to ignore the whole blasted thing. Has no direct effect on me, and it's hard to give a shit.

So sweaters. Lots and lots of sweaters. They are in my thoughts. I have never knitted an adult-sized one. Only for a baby. It was fun. I should try. I should. I should.

Ok, distraction isn't working so well. Back to politics. And work. No escaping. Which figures. What did they tell us all about being careful about wishing for things? And something about wishing being horses and beggars riding, or something, something.

And the words are just flying off the shelf. Like water bottles with a hurricane coming. I haven't figured out why every time there is a storm warning here, people act like that. There is a run on things that make no sense to me. Like milk. If the power goes out, your milk will spoil in the fridge, Einstein. Or Eisenstein. (heh heh heh- now it's on to nonsense.) And the power doesn't make the water cease to come out of the faucets. I don't get it. Again.

And there is really nothing else to say. The words might be flying, but they aren't pertinent or particularly interesting. Just words. On a page. Signifying not a hell of a lot. Someone else no doubt said it better. Which is typical. And probably appropriate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOMETIMES the power makes the water cease to come out (electric pumps anyone?).
ah now...Eisenstein...noice.
I have to re-visit "Battleship Potemkin" now that you got that ball rolling. Good luck with the hurricane-force winds. Hold on to yer knickers everyone.

slyboots2 said...

I was much more enamored of Ivan the Terrible. But Potemkin has that amazing stair scene. I see that quoted everywhere, and always point it out- no one in my world really gives a shit, but it makes me feel all tingly and special.

Round here, we just have trees that fall over when the winds get too strong. And then people can't go to work. Too scary. Skiff of snow, too scary. Better close the schools and stay home. Silly people.