Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not much time to actually think and write- work stuff is going on. Full on politics. Sad co-workers. Mean co-workers. Stressed people.

I did get confirmation yesterday that the surgery will happen. The Dr was good- very confident that this can be fixed easily, and quickly. With a minimum of fuss. Which is his job. But the place was like a Seattle sports museum. With ballet dancers included. So I figure that my shoulder is much less of a challenge than re-building a pitcher's shoulder after it is destroyed. Cake walk, no doubt.

Next is my very first MRI. Next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah nice.
have fun sitting in an enclosed tubes with hammers bangin' all about.

Sean said...

Bummer. My grandmother had her entire shoulder replaced not long ago. Hope your situation isn't that bad. Please keep your loyal readers updated and heal quickly.

zombieswan said...

Maybe you have one of those "open MRI" things nearby? And available? Cause they're supposed to be so much more comfortable and less weird.

But I take these kinds of things as surreal experiences that I can write about. When I was, years ago, in an ambulance, on a body board and watching the sirens wail above me, I giggled a lot. It was 1 part hysteria and 1 part I really thought it was funny. (Is that hysteria? I dunno). I was fine, by the way. But it was kinda intense yet interesting. :)

The healing will probably not be fun but at least you won't wake in the middle of the night in intense pain in the future from an unhealed injury. And you'll have "war stories" to tell.

slyboots2 said...

No luck- it's an enclosed one. Better imaging they said. I don't have a huge problem with claustrophobia- only in sleeping bags. And I figure it's a short thing.

And yes, I will report on war injuries. Maybe even embed video if it appeals.