Friday, January 11, 2008

In my dream I was singing Courtney Love again. And feeling like the rock star.
It's never really like that, though. I am made to understand on a daily basis that I
am not a rock star.
It's ok, really.

It's the time though, that I am beginning to see what my choices have made. And
how many of them are permanent. That sense of endless possibility is dying.
Probably not a huge problem- I hung onto that for too long, no doubt.
It's ok, really.

Because there's not a damned thing I can do about it. The relentlessness of the process
is revealing. And Revelling. Mainly because those of us about to die salute you.
And we're all in that club, and it's not a lonely place. It's what you make of it.
If you want loneliness, just think that you're not going to die someday. That'll do the
trick. Because all of the rest of us will be leaving on a jet plane. Don't know when
we'll be back again. Probably never.

So sod off, indeed. Sod is what it's really all about. Wouldn't it be interesting if global
warning was due to putting us in air-tight containers rather than just planting us in
an open ditch? I do know that it causes some kind of financial burden. But otherwise, can't
really pull much cause and effect out of the mix.

Only if you were to build on a cemetery, there would probably be some problems with
nasty chemical leakage. Enough said. Bad idea. Don't do it. Teenage Suicide- don't do it.
The song really does remain the same.

And in my dreams I am a rock star. Not iron man, but a rock star. It's bona fide.

3 comments:

zombieswan said...

Well, I dreamt last night about being almost mauled by my pet Tiger. I think it's where I live (LSU?).

My daughter was inside (I could see her through the screen door) trying to dial 911 on a toy cell phone while I held my arm in the tiger's mouth to keep it from my son.

It actually wasn't scary, but still, a very revealing dream in many ways.

I'll take Courtney Love next time, please. I'd like to be a rock star, even if it's a sort of screwed up one whose lipstick is probably shmeared.

Anonymous said...

every time i see an allusion to that AC/DC song (the one about saluting), i start hearing canons.
for the record: I LOVE AC/DC.

slyboots2 said...

I have AC/DC on my Zune (it was free, yes. I have one.) for the gym. It helps channel the anger.

And yes, schmeared. And with untidy fuckme hair. Because we are rock stars. We are.