Tuesday, January 08, 2008

News of the day-

you know the shoulder, the one I keep hurting? Welll.........it seems that the answer isn't more wine. It's surgery. Cool, eh?

Really, really bums me out.

Only spin I can put on it is that at least there is a solution and the Dr didn't just gently tell me to fucking deal with it. She actually used the word "gimpy" in describing what can happen if I re-injure it and cause nerve damage. Gotta love a Dr who uses the word gimpy.

Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.

I see the surgeon next Monday. More to follow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, so sorry.
going under the knife is always the last option.
you sure you won't re-consider "more wine?"
anyway...much luck.
YE GIMP!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
slyboots2 said...

I been spammed....I don't want to turn on the verification thingy....

Thanks LX- it isn't like there are a lot of options from what the good doctor said. We have some friends whose daughter has the kind of nerve damage that she mentioned as a possibility if the injury occurs again- it's really bad. So there you have it. At least it'll be covered by the medical plan.

Anonymous said...

...if you're lucky, they'll give you a bit of Neurontin so your mind can become blissfully mush.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your call, I'll call back tonight. At least surgery gives you an excuse to get lots of post-op massage on the area to break up the inevitable formations of scar tissue!!! Yay!!!!