Monday, January 21, 2008

Note to self: two large meals in one day, even if they do commemorate Kboy's birthday, are a bad idea. Especially after over 6 months of not eating like that. Ah, the pain.

And it is probably about time to stop calling him "the boy." He is 39. Perhaps time to come up with a more apt moniker.

Today is MRI Monday. I think it should be a new kind of game. Or something. Like Caturday. Or Naked Thursday.

I got a very strange email this weekend from some chick on a fishing expedition on Classmates.com. No, I won't share some of the particulars, except to say I am unclear as to her motives in seeking some of the people she's looking for, and I haven't seen one of them in over 20 years. The other more like 35. So gonna ignore it. Plus she used sketchy grammar and spelling, which is always a problem for me. Such a snob. It could be an elaborate hoax. I think that the one dude died, anyway.

On the complaints list, Kboy went to Anaheim this last week for a trade show, and brought back a couple of t shirts for me. That was nice. What sucks is that he was around bona fide rock stars and didn't stand in line for hours to get them to sign stuff. For me. To hang at my desk at work. He started this precedent by getting me a signed Peter Frampton picture. His fault that I have these expectations, really. But he had the lead singer from Yes at his booth, and didn't bother...sigh....I shall whine some more. And he was in the convention center with a couple of the more prominent members of Kiss. Which would be kind of a cool addition to Peter on my wall. I'm just saying. I guess the Yes guy is kind of a freak. And the line for the Kiss guys was a tad longish. But seriously, what the hell else did he have going on??? And it would be in the name of love and all that. Pay it forward, chump- I vacuumed the house yesterday in honor of your bloody birthday!

And to wrap this up, am currently watching a Korean soap opera on DVD. Hotelier is the honorable story of a young hotel manager in Seoul who is loved by two men. And has to make a decision. In 10 hours or less of rather tortured and very beige hotel goodness. Seriously. Beige and gold. The whole thing. Beige and gold. With very soft music. Reminds me of the spa at the gym. Only the lighting is better on the tv show.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dainm.
he met John Anderson and didn't get his shit signed?
bad kboy..uh kman! baaaad.

zombieswan said...

I met the guy from Yes, many, many years ago. He wanted to order room service and had NOT put down a credit card on his room so he had to come down to me (lowly desk clerk) and give me his Cred-y. He was kind of crabby about it.

All: "Here I am famous rock god in this gawdforsaken town and you make me bring a credit card? Don't you know who I am?"

Not really, no. And there's a reason you're in Godforsaken Town, FL. Cause you haven't made a great album in, how long? Hmmmm?

Anyway. But this gives me the opp. to brag about other celeb sightings at that job as desk clerk: Wayne Newton's dog, Thor. I saw Wayne too, but I actually PETTED the dog. So. Much cooler. The Indigo Girls. Jane's Addiction (back before I knew who they were. And it was that skanky lead guy, not cutie-but-seriously-messed-up-bad-boy-type Dave Navarro. Luckily for me & my moral purity). The Ultimate Warrior (wrassler type guy with HUGE arms. Roids much?)

And my ALL TIME GREATEST sighting: Andre the Giant. Yup. Really did meet him. Very very big. And kinda smelly. But nice!

I have all these poet sightings too but they are from another life.

Anonymous said...

oh let's not play the "celebrity sighting" game.
oh let's.
i'm jaded 'cause i worked in an industry which brought forth politicians and entertainers (one and the same?) and different level lawmakers, supreme court justices, presidents, etc.
but.
my best celeb sighting was in 1990 in Georgetown, DC.
i literally RAN into Andre Agassi (long hair then...he, not me) as he was leaving his hotel room to play in the DC final. I almost knocked him down, and i remember he was nice about it, but he got into his courtesy car holding his arm.
he lost in the final later that afternoon.
can't help to laff a bit, thinking that i may have injured him somehow.
most likely not, but it's fun.
"hey, i bumrushed Andre Agassi and made him lose in the finals."
yea, right.

slyboots2 said...

Don't even get me started. I hate to choose, but probably the most educational sighting I had was when Robin Zander (of Cheap Trick) blew me off to ogle my almost underage friend- when he was supposed to be buying me a drink. The ass. He was skanky. It was...disheartening...after having his picture on my walls courtesy of 16 magazine when I was in Jr. High. Probably an experience shared by any number of sad girls across the land. And at least I didn't fuck him. Or touch him. Or let him near my friend.

Anonymous said...

at least it wasn't Bun E. Carlos. Now HE looks like a pedophile.

slyboots2 said...

Or Rick Nielson, who looks like a really scary serial killer.