Friday, April 20, 2007

Yesterday was...

Hooky. With permission. And free tickets to a Mariner's game.

Baseball is fucking boring. Boring. I kept losing track of what I was supposed to be watching. And I wasn't even drunk. I kept cheering for the wrong team. Because I was confused. Because I wasn't paying attention. It was worse than math class in grade school.

But it was sunny. And there were circling birds overhead. And a breeze from the Sound. And Ichiro in center field doing his little upstaging warm up moves. I explained to Kbot what he was doing out there, and it was funny. Old theater trick- keep moving during the action, and you'll draw the audience's attention. Thus his constant state of activity. And his distinctive pants in socks thing- only one on the field. So you can spot him. Very nice.

But still, without the g forces, cornering, traction control, race gas, road race action, it's just not...compelling. But it was sunny. And the tickets were very, very good.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

yea.
don't like baseball.
don't dig racing too much
although i'm sort of into F1.
NASCAR definitely sucks.
but i'd much rather be driving
the races
than watching.

slyboots2 said...

Driving the races costs money. Lots and lots of money. Just $10K for race tires in a weekend alone. So unless we win the lotto some time soon, that's not in the cards.

And NASCAR does suck. Though I have a vested interest in Juan Pablo Montoya kicking some serious ass- but that's the F1 fan in me talking.