Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend update

Just quick. Because work awaits. And I didn't fix everything before I left for the weekend. And I didn't fire up the computer all weekend. Because I am attempting to curb the addiction.

Saw Modest Mouse last night. Too late getting home. Too tired today. But overall fine. Crappy sound tech. They need to hire someone. Muddy. Garbled. Poorly mixed. But overall fine.

Hurt my tooth. Smacked it good. It was loose in the head. Scared me. I have a thing about my teeth. Cut my hand cooking a few minutes later. Much ado. Much blood. I think I'll live.

Went to an art opening. Saw some good stuff. Bought a couple of small pieces. 1) it was nice to show interest in art again, after all of these bitter years. 2) it is nice to have some disposable income to buy art. The show was for a friend. She was happy. Shy and drunk.

Went to a work related party and networked my ass off. Because it might work. Being out there and recognized. If nothing else, it might help get the job if this one doesn't happen. All contingencies planned out. Because that is what keeps me awake at night.

Didn't do much else. Just that. And the finger hurts now, and seems to be bleeding again. Fuckity fuck fuck. Better go get another bandaid, before coating the keyboard with blood. It would be nasty to catch the kitties licking the keyboard- all purring and happy about the snack Mommy left behind.....

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

nice.
you have vampire cats.

slyboots2 said...

I do. They are stealing my breath, soul and income, as well. But it's my own damned fault- I invited them into the house. And garlic has no effect at all.

(S)wine said...

that's because vampires are romanian.
and romanians LOVE garlic.
bram stoker fucked up on that one.
idjit englishman.