Wednesday, April 04, 2007

By now I've figured it out

They just don't want to hear about it. So keep your mouth shut. Please the people. Because otherwise they'll tune out. And ignore you. Which hurts. So please the people. Be funny. They like that. Be nice. They like that. Only be sarcastic sometimes. Because they like that. Keep your problems to yourself. Because Mama says. No one wants to hear about your problems. They want to tell you theirs. Over and over. Unresolved. Continual. And you can see the patterns emerging. But they are blind to those. Just on the treadmill. You see the endless pattern. And know with that sinking feeling that will lead to depression if you let it that inside you have your own endless pattern. But you can't see that. Too close, out of focus. Keep it to yourself, though. Because Mama says that no one wants to hear about your problems.

Be funny. They like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I don't make you feel this way at all, I know sometimes I get involved with drama and ask advice and get caught up on it. But, I always care what is going on...and love your sarcasm and all that jazz. I like it.

(S)wine said...

mothers can be wrong.

bedmonster said...

See, and when you have a blog, everybody likes to tell YOU what HE or SHE thinks. *grin*

So here goes- your mom was partially right. Strangers generally don't want to hear about your problems. Acquaintances, either. But that's why you have friends, because they DO want to hear about your problems.

slyboots2 said...

Mother was wrong in the instance referenced above. Dead wrong. But that is part of having mothers- you get to learn to forgive and move on. Or not. In my case, it was the former.

Ah- and my problems. Pale on a loverly day such as this.