Friday, March 07, 2008

So this week has been another one of having my ass handed to me. Physically and mentally. I was involved in planning and running a team offsite- late nights/very early mornings/being on call constantly. It was great fun, but those things just wipe me out.

During all that, PT intensified. So the shoulder was quite cranky on Wednesday. I had to take the vicodin that night. Which meant that I really didn't sleep. But whatever. It's all part of this particular process. Suck it up.

I have been paying attention to my online friends, though. Just silently. Understand- lots going on = little energy for everything else. Apologies.

Other than that, am taking a Career Day today- enjoying all of these internal career planning tools, and prepping for my mid year career discussion with the very nice bossman. Just want to strike the right tone and make sure I don't waste his time. And there you have it.

Tomorrow is tax day. Not much to say there. Send happy thoughts. And inspirational ideas for deductions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see ya lurking.
get well.
drink lots of....uh....fluids.
eXpecially if they're single malts.
auf auf!

slyboots2 said...

Ah- but the liver and kidneys are getting seriously hammered by the meds, so must be kind to them. Ah, who the hell am I kidding- had some marvelous stuff at a work function earlier this week. Oban, The Macallan, and an amazing bourbon called Bookers. Man. Lovely stuff.