Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ah, now the refrain- the pain, the pain, lord help us, the pain.

And sleep, sleep, ah, the little whore sleep won't visit anymore.

And no, I didn't buy any Girl Scout Cookies for Kman- he loves him the Thin Mints. If I'd known that we would have to visit every grocery store in the area on a quest once he found out they were on sale right now, I would've bought him every blasted box of the fucking things. But I didn't. I don't buy cookies. Not part of the diet plan, son. And the Girl Scouts are out of the Thin Mints. And Kman is sad. And for some reason, I DO feel like it's all my fault...I know, quit owning shit like that. But he is good.

Been in training for a couple of days, then hammered with all of the crap I didn't cope with whilst in training. And there you go. Not bad, really, but not great either.

I did have a moment of fun- and this will probably be an indicator that I am over the top insane, so confirmation, of what most have likely suspected.

There is a book that I loved when I was little. It was about birds. It had a yellow cover. It was really wonderful. And I couldn't remember the title, but have been on the lookout for it for over a decade at thrift shops and antique stores. I knew the publisher. But sure as hell wouldn't burden a book store employee with that very vague request- I remember having to try and figure those ones out (I am looking for a book about a dog, with a blue cover....right.). So the other day, when I was fiddle fucking around on the net, I found it. And I bought it. Spendy, a little. But it's wending its way to me right now.

PEAKY BEAKY. Fucking Peaky Beaky. I remember chanting that name because I thought it was funny when I was little. I remember loving that book beyond all others. And now it will be mine again! Cue the evil laughter....mwahahahahahahaha

Kman suggested that we turn our spare bedroom into a replica of my childhood bedroom, and fill it full of stuff I had when I was little. I told him we could likely get most of the furniture from my parents. So heave off. Then he laughed. My mother thought this was hilarious too. Feh. It's just a book. And it's the end of a decade-long quest. And I didn't lose my mind, the book did exist. And I didn't make an ass of myself in a bookstore looking for it. Only here. Always here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate the girlscouts/boyscouts/troopers/whatevertheycallem
and their addictive cookies.
bastids!

zombieswan said...

The Duchess Bakes a Cake is my book like that. Oh I love it love it love it. I found it on amazon a couple of years ago. It's a treasure, but the babies aren't in to it yet. They do, however, quite like Ferdinand the Bull, which is another of my faves. Peaky Beaky. I'll have to look taht up. :)

slyboots2 said...

Yesterday, I went to two different stores looking for the little temptresses, to no effect. Pooooor Kman. No cookies for him.