Friday, February 01, 2008

A guy from work was telling me about his weekend yesterday. Seems he saw a shooting and witnessed the victim die. He was pretty shaken up- but his first impulse was to go out and buy a gun. Not where I would go. But whatever.

The story was grim. What bothered me, and I didn't follow up in questions, just because he was still pretty upset, was that the victim died without any human contact. He just bled to death behind a police cordon. There were probably aid workers on the scene- I can't imagine there not being any of those. But no one was there to hold his hand and say it would be ok. Not that it matters to the dead guy now. But I hate the idea of anyone, even a punk thug (and this guy was apparently one of those), dying on the pavement like that. Must've been a priest in a former life. Or something.

Other than that, bummer that I didn't buy a shitton of Yahoo stocks yesterday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea huh.
they were $19 yesterday.
now?
what...37, 38??
the deal WILL go through, right?

slyboots2 said...

Well, it is looking like a strong maybe. Been watching online. Interesting times, no?

Anonymous said...

oh and what a wrinkle in the plan...Yahoo AND Google teaming up.
oh the drama...

slyboots2 said...

Yeah, like no one saw THAT coming...