Friday, February 22, 2008

Ok- I am sort of back. They typing kind of hurts a bit, so most likely won't be long-winded.

Valentine's day sucked. Officially and on the record. They used a general anesthesia- which I really didn't expect. Much like the Spanish Inquisition. They also gave me a nerve block. That is a truly nasty experience. Having a guy digging in my neck for a nerve with a needle, then sending shocks down my arm...eck. But at least it kept my entire right arm lifeless and numb for 16 hours. That's something, right?

Felt sick and icky for at least 2 days after. Just because. And the drugs worked ok. But I discovered that like Codeine, I can't sleep very well on percocets. Alas. So I have been reading novels whilst doped up into the wee hours every night. Because it seems to help.

Overall, the good Dr. is happy with the progress- I have these little triumphs. I dried my hair properly yesterday. I was able to clean the cat box. I still can't use my right hand for some of the regular things, but it will happen.

I saw pictures of the inside of my shoulder. It was more of a mess than expected. I had somehow (and I just can't figure this one out) managed to eliminate the connection between the ligament and the front of my shoulder. Gone. So now it is back. And the prognosis is good. Seriously, though, I just can't remember originally injuring my shoulder that badly. This is kind of scary. Like I'm a replicant, and they didn't plant that particular memory. Bad scifi reference, but it has been a lonnnnnng week. Dude, I've got a lot of tables.

Other than that, nothing to report. Nothing. Just sitting. Or reading. Or napping. Or trying to shave my armpit. Or trying to wash my hair. Or taping plastic bags to my shoulder. Or talking soulfully to the cats. Or monitoring my email on the sly- and I will not succumb and log in! I will not!!!

Crikey. I go back to work on Monday. It ought to be....interesting.

And now I hurt. Bye bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

right.
the doctor says: two mouthfuls of single-malt scotch, every 30 mins. until ye pass out.
over and out.
get well soon.

zombieswan said...

Yay! You're back! I hate General Anesthesia. But what I hate most are the consent forms. Oh, yes, I read that Death is a possibility here: I'll sign off on that! (No. Really. I'd prefer to not consider that as an option, especially when I've been drinking Colase (sp?) all night, thanks.)

Feel well, and only worry if the cats start talking soulfully back to you. Then cut down on the Percosets.

slyboots2 said...

Yay, indeed! I am so very glad to be back to almost fully functional. Still can't touch the top of my head, and am going to the salon for my first color touch up in many, many years. Ah, independence lost. But I have experienced some mighty fine pain killers. And will have a shoulder that will operate even in yoga class soon!

And now we are on to Vicodin- percocets didn't let me sleep. heh heh heh...