Wednesday, August 01, 2007

News of the day

Now here is the juicy bit. I had lunch with friends. I caught up on my old job- all the news that's fit to print, so to speak. Only I don't plan on printing it- not interesting to outsiders.

But then came the killer. Seems that my ex-boss torpedoed me to a potential boss. Seems that she said that my performance wasn't stellar. Luckily I have friends who were trying their best to mitigate her damage, and providing gentle coaching. Luckily he told them his doubts. But it would've been one hell of a sales job.

Best luck- I never told her diddly about the job that I did get. I had a feeling. And I listened to it.

Why did she pull this brand of nastiness out of her pocket? Not sure exactly. But I suspect part of it is that she holds me responsible for the ineptitude of my replacement. That somehow I am to blame for the woman being a poor choice in the first place. I think that she's also pissed that I asked questions about inappropriate comments made to a co-worker- the kind of things that result in very bad karma for the company (i.e. inappropriate promises of jobs to come, etc.), and she didn't like that. We had a few words about that- she made a veiled threat about keeping my mouth shut. But I thought that we had resolved that. I thought that we had resolved the other issue when I gave her a full debrief.

Evidently not. Glad that I trusted my instincts and kept things to myself. Glad that I have very good friends who were looking out for me. Glad that I got a job untainted by that woman. Glad that she can't do anything to me ever again.

The nasty little thing.

No comments: