Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tag, I'm it.

So it's a game, right. I get to disclose 8 things about myself, and pass along the idea. I got it from my friend Sean. So. All right already, get on with it.

1. The movies that I can quote most accurately are - Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Office Space. (So much for highbrow)

2. I was born on Father's Day. A month early. And coincidentally share my name with a dead person.

3. I adore black licorice.

4. When I was in high school, I fantasized about stealing cool cars (see the fixation with Gone in 60 Seconds above). I did learn how to hot wire. Not sure if I still remember. Let's hope not.

5. Despite all of my efforts, I am still bitter about a couple of past relationships that ended badly. Just. Can't. Let. Go.

6. My favorite author is Proust. Followed very closely by about two dozen others. I've been slogging through the newest translation of his work- working full time really interrupted that adventure. I'll pick up again now. I can highly recommend this batch, though- amazing.

7. I am a total sap- I can cry at basically any movie- even the silent ones- if they hit me the right way. On occasion, commercials have gotten to me. It is a sickness.

8. I have learned to be a pretty good cook over the years- and enjoy making up my own recipes.

There. That was actually harder than I had expected. What to say? What not to say? How to switch gears when going down one path, and keep it simple? My.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Black licorice. What a great minority to be a part of. Meaning, of course, that everyone else seems to like red.

(S)wine said...

i like sambuca.
does that count as part of your black licorice club?

slyboots2 said...

Red licorice is just...candy.

And if it walks like a duck, so to speak, it is licoricy enough to qualify. So is Absinthe. And Ouzo. And pretty much anything of that ilk. Yummy all.