Sunday, July 15, 2007

Next step- up to Augusta

So then we traveled through Helena (stopping to see parents and have a quick bite and view newly constructed pond in yard) and on up to Augusta where other parents and classic car live.

Up there not much to report, except that we did have a Gentleman Caller for me- he didn't know I came with the Boy. So they met. The Boy and the Rancher- old before his time. And I had sparkly toes and no shoes. Again. I always keep to the policy of leaving the dance with the date you came with, and wasn't overly tempted to run off and herd cattle for a living. So all was well.

We did go to the rock shop- because my mother and I are the world's biggest rock shop geeks alive. She used to be in the jewelry biz, and I grew up a rock geek. So it was good to see pretty sparkly things and bring a few home.

Then we came back here. The road trip deserves some more reflection- how to capture in writing that particular brand of hell on wheels.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

i am fond of rocks.
particularly if placed in a sturdy-made slingshot and launched at tanks in Gaza.
it really works.
it does.

GEEK!

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- you watch it with the names, pal- I can always start posting piktures of my pretty rocks!!! They are all glittery and nice. This can become the biggest geekfest on the web, without much warning- as I slip into that world pretty consistently.