Friday, July 06, 2007

Once more into the void- but this time with a cacophonous soundtrack.

Because yes, LX, that will be in my head probably all day.

So today's round starts in a few hours- time to get all primped and prepared. But really this time my heart isn't in it. This one doesn't feel right from the outset- has everything to do with the 1st interview in the cycle last Friday. She was nice. I liked her. But she was overwhelmingly interested in establishing alpha dog status. And I found this disconcerting in an interview environment.

So today should be interesting. I liken it to a hazing ritual- something akin to getting into a secret society. Once in, you're really in. With the secret handshake, the key to the fortress, and all the dirt on your soul. But that's getting ahead of myself. First I have to get through today.

Feeling better though. Not as stuffy and coughy. Two dwarfs down. Now just a tad grumpy. But coffee should cure that. If not coffee, then pastries. They cure everything.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

that was incredibly brilliant!!
especially their rendition of neil schon's solo.
niiiice!

zombieswan said...

I just liked the way even though it was awful, the looks on their faces said "Man, we are ROCKIN' it".

Good luck with your interviews. I myself am trying to get into my job through the back door. But eventually, I'll have to have interviews. I've just fed the people who will be interviewing me, and bought them nice things, and been cheerful and happy on the hallways. Either that will get me hired or it won't. Everyone knows CREDENTIALS don't actually do it.