Sunday, July 08, 2007

And now my friends- a few days away. Gonna road trip and bring the old girl home- she's a 72 BMW Bavaria- white with a touch of age showing. But she's beautiful, and we are almost on the edge of praying that she'll make it. Thankfully the Boy is a car guy, so the chances are good. It's the passes and the heat that are the iffy parts. But otherwise it oughta be a pip.

Most of the trip, however, will be spent in places with no access to the eworld that I love. But that's ok, because I see it as an essential part of unhooking from the machine. I'll wear sunblock, drink tepid and weak beer (because micro brew isn't really the rage out theres yet), and enjoy the famdamily.

Tune in next week for another installment of - my silly assed life.

3 comments:

zombieswan said...

There aren't many microbrews East of the I-5, that's true, but take it from a person who lived in Seattle for three years and has a husband who is a beer freak... there are still some good beers here in suburbia. You can even find bottled Redhook. And Fat Tire is good, if you can get it. Sam Adams. But he mostly drinks Heineken (sp?) nowadays. Me, I'm a hard liquor girl (or wine) and don't care for beer so I have no real opinion on it.

Have a wonderful road trip and wear that sunblock! The sun is literally closer to the Earth anywhere other than the northwest. I swear it's true. :)

(S)wine said...

i am not a connoseur but redhook and fat tire rock.
also, i've become a fan of Stella, while here in toronto.
STELLLAAAAAHHHHHH!
yea.
they've never heard that one before.
i've made sure to do that EVERY TIME I've ordered one.

slyboots2 said...

I have the Melanoma scars to prove it, Doctor dear! (seriously- grew up thinking that my pasty ass can tan properly, and that MT was the place to attempt- it almost killed me). But I digress.

We didn't find the perfect beer- that is the Jasmine IPA at Tangletown Brewery in Seattle. But we did see some nice things, drink some decent things, and overall enjoy the sights.

It was G & T weather. So I made sure to get plenty of quinine in my soda to fight the threat of malaria. Just doing my part.