Sunday, February 18, 2007

Things that keep me awake nights

I'll say it up front- sometimes I am a dumbass. Just lying there, pondering things. Things that make no sense, and that don't matter in the least.

Big one from last night- why does a certain kind of guy think that once they have fucked you, your IQ drops through the floor? Or did they always think you were an idiot, and faked thinking you were smart to get you in bed? Assholes. (this pertains to events in the far distant past- don't worry!) And really, the bitterness has lifted. Just a few blips here and there.

Another one from last night- is Tenacious D just irony personified? Do they really believe in what they do, or is it all one big tongue in cheek experiment in crowd control? It was lovely to be at a show where the entire audience sang along. Seriously. And they were filming it. So I am hoping that a DVD is in the future- filmed here, of course. Do they just love being silly, or do they take themselves more seriously than that? I just can't read it.

And then- will the little boy I saw yesterday on a walk with his dad remember the sunny day? He was about 4, walking along the road below our house with his sunglasses on. He was happy. He made eye contact with me while I drove slowly past, and we shared a smile. His dad was really attentive to whatever they were discussing. It was important to both of them. Will this last? Will he remember the day? I kind of hope not. I hope that this is a common enough occurance in their lives that it doesn't stand out as anything particularly unique. Just that they often went on walks together in the sunshine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sly, what a beautiful entry.
let me at it:

don't beat yourself up too much over staying awake at night. i chase cars most nights.

a certain guy has no idea who/how you are. he just wants to fuck you and will do anything to have you. we are simple like that. most of us.

i would like to think Tenacious D is tongue-in-cheek all the way. It's the "Borat" of music. I love satire like that, via music/art/film/plays/whatever. The people singing along and really, REALLY believeing in it...are saps. Jack and Kyle are laughing at all of them.

i LOVE the boy/father sighting. some of us engage and are attentive to what the kids say. not even OUR OWN kids. just KIDS. and i love what you say and how you end this post.
-Lx

slyboots2 said...

Thanks Lx- your words really made my day!