Tuesday, February 13, 2007

And after a troubled night, what's best?

I would say recognition that nothing has miraculously changed. All remains the same. Now some would say that it is more of a relief to wake up and have it all have been a bad dream. I would call them cowards. I don't mind bad reality, because I am the Eternal Optimist that you love to hate. Glass is certainly half full. My mother raised me this way. She gave me the pep talk when I called her from the parking lot at work yesterday. Things always work out for the best. These things happen for a reason.

Actually that is true in a way. Both Kboy and I are very relieved that the owners of the company, hereafter called TC, chose to finally put it out of its misery. They have poured enough soul into it. I am very fond of them, and hate to see the mad scramble continue. They will be fine. So will we. Kboy has had 2 interviews at very good companies where he has an in (in each- one actually very powerful), and stands a good chance of getting employed again soon- just needs to keep panic at bay, not go batshit, and position himself properly. Luckily for him, I am connected to some of the most business-savvy people in the world (no lie- these are The Pros- hereafter referred to as TPs), and they are all pulling for him. Pity he's not in my business- he would be bloody brilliant. But for him it would be a slow and painful death. By inches. And we can't possibly have that.

It was just one of those restless nights, where I was far too keyed up to sleep, despite the lingering effects of the headache. And the deep desire to sleep. Just kept reading my book, and finally slept. But fitfully. Because I kept starting awake with the realization that things have really changed. And at night keeping the fear and anxiety under control requires the strength of ten men. Or something mythic like that.

Anyway, all is reasonably well. And I have to go to work. And Kboy gets to go and play. After making a few calls.

3 comments:

cb said...

you should go to pcc or whole foods and get some valarian drops.

about 20 or 40 in water before bed will do the trick.

(now I sound like a hippy)

a hippy who took the LSAT (last saturday-- it went fine)

give benke my best.

slyboots2 said...

Will do, you big hippy! Hope you did well on them. All I can say is ick. Glad that's over.

Anonymous said...

luck.
the good kind.
Lx