Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Too damned tired

Been too tired to write much lately. It got blasted cold here, and it even snowed a touch this morning.

Which sucks.

Anyhew- 3 more days.

The team is getting a little ragged around the edges- two don't like one of the other members, and I find myself trying to soothe hurt feelings. It's stupid for a fucking temp job. But I gotta figure, each of us is a temp for our own special reason. Mine is...I'm a loser, baby. So why don't you kill me....

Got an interview on Thursday at the big company over the lake. Think happy thoughts- it would be really, really good.

Been watching the Lympics in a desultory fashion in the evenings- basically cuz I'm too lazy to fish the remote from between the couch cushions and change it. Also, it's too much of a committment to watch a movie.

I have decided that I want to slap all figure skating commentators silly. Make them cry like babies. They are too bitchy. They are so full of venom that it kills the enjoyment of the event for me. Is it too much to ask to have commentators who offer information without the nasty sidebars of how inferior each competitor is to them? After all, I don't remember ever seeing the nasty Dick Button, or the evil wench commentator on skates. I have a suspicion that if they were in the rink, the current athletes would drop kick them in to shameful silence. Wish it could actually happen. I miss little Scotty Hamilton. He was usually so nice and positive, and forthcoming with the joy of the event.

I have a really hard time, though with the combo of sequins and athletics. It just seems kinda silly.

I dig the snowboarders though. Funny, silly lot. One of the girls had her ipod on while competing. Won a medal too. They seem like the kinda people to do jello shots with, then go out and play in the snow. Who cares if you get hurt? You won't feel a damned thing.

Ah then there are the speed skaters. And their cameltoes. There was speculationat work that the guy who won the 500m event is batting for the other team. Just something about the gestures. I dunno. All I know is that the bare ankles bother me. Don't they get cold as hell?

That's all I want to say for today. I'm gonna go turn on the tv and sit on the couch. And watch others be all athletic.

3 comments:

bedmonster said...

You have my happy thoughts for Thursday. Enjoy the Lympics, and the speed skaters probably don't feel much because their massive, crazy leg muscles have killed all the pain nerves in their lower limbs. *shrug*

Happy Valentine's Day! Three more days!

slyboots2 said...

Thankee you!!!

Or all of the injections that they've given themselves to develop those preturnatural muscles have damaged the nerves...

actually- only 2. ish. I have part of Thursday off. Abooyah!

bedmonster said...

So how'd the M interview go today? Eh? Eh??