Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am trying to read the writing on my bones. There are words etched there. They change over time. I get glimpses.

Sideways and through the fog.

Some days the words are the key to happiness. Some days not.

Yesterday they led me astray. And into temptation. But then some of the most hidden ones emerged and brought me home again safe.

Did I say that it was a very foggy day? And a very sideways one at that.

Some days the words ache and cause disillusionment to creep in. Some days not.

And through it all I am under the constant and compelling illusion that I control the words. When in reality the bones control me. As does the blood. But that is a tale for another day. Because what is written in the blood is more than words and less than soul.

Just remember, don't look directly at it- always sideways. Always sideways. And hope for the sanctity of fog.

2 comments:

zombieswan said...

There's not a lot of fog here, from what I've seen in the year I've lived here. There are swamps nearby, though. I suspect there is fog there, often. And alligators. Every ditch large enough has its resident alligator. If there are fairies in this region, they have to look like either alligators or crawfish. (But surely slightly more attractive, cause, you know, fairies?!)
But it will be rainy. Often rainy. Very warmly rainy, with flair ups of sun.
What is written on my bones, somedays, is the word "tired." I think today that word will hush, though, cause I feel pretty good, and thanks to a weird holiday, today is MY Friday. :) I'm doing something fun this afternoon, I just don't know what yet.

slyboots2 said...

Good for you! I am coming home this afternoon to a feverish evening of cleaning in preparation of house guests. And hopefully a quick trip to the gym.

Seattle/Redmond/Bellevue is just like they say, rainy and chilly though. I do like the fog- it makes the edges all fuzzy.