Thursday, October 18, 2007

The hardest thing to stomach is having to ask. Never been good at going hat in hand to anyone.

Been turned down too often before. Makes for bitterness. And the remembered rejection. Especially when the request was not only reasonable, but just.

Then the learning is that justice really plays no part in the world at large. Only certain rooms. With certain people. Otherwise it's a free-for-all.

And narcissism trumps justice every time.

From all angles.

And then there's the follow-through. Gotta complain for a moment about that. The yes answer with the tepid follow-through. Not good for anyone's game. Gotta commit. Gotta enact. Gotta basically act. Or it's the same as saying no.

And now I am tired of contemplating and speaking in riddles. Basically, if you haven't figured it out yet, I am just tired period. A tired period.

3 comments:

zombieswan said...

I don't generally get riddles anyway. Although I do usually know "whodunit" in movies, way before everyone else guesses. I'm smart that way. Could be writing those things. SHOULD be writing those things (well, at least the books some hack knocks off into a screenplay later.)

Sigh. I feel ya. I must go grade like 70ish most likely bad student papers now. What if I just give them all a C+/B-?? Without even really reading them? How do you think that would go over? Except for the ones who I know will have written better. Actually read those. It's a thought. It's not like I'll be paid more than peanuts for the work, anyway.

(S)wine said...

yes but those movies are eXpecially written for audiences to "guess" what happens. otherwise they wouldn't be made. when's the last time you've consistently seen films which surprise you with their good scripts/good acting/good turn of events--even if depressing?

zombie...you're just putting in your time; paying the dues. soon you'll have your tenure and your big office, teaching the poetry of anne sexton and ee cummings. and when you do, i will come down there and take that class.

slyboots2 said...

Too tired lately for movies. I just fall asleep. Which if you remember, is a travesty- as I spent the better part of 2 years doing nothing but watching movies. Stupid job.