Sunday, December 17, 2006

Brains.....Brains.....

This place is downright creepy. On Friday, I fully expected to see hoards of shuffling zombies hunting for human food on the drive home. And so quiet. The street just below us was dark. The stoplight at the bottom of our hill was out. The coffee shop next to the intersection was silenced.

The gas station at the top of the hill was insane. Luckily I was there early. I hear that some stations have run out of fuel.

People are gassing themselves into the hospital by burning barbeques in their homes. I say, perhaps it's natural selection at work. Just like those smarties who burn down their trailers in the winter when they take a blow torch to the frozen pipes underneath. Stupid people die. Fuckers. And get off the damned highways.

One of my co-workers said it has that kind of 24 hours after feeling. And all because we are partially off of the grid. God help us if the mountain ever blows. We are fucked then. Even though we live on a hill, and have semi-sufficient survival skills. The idiots would rule. If it does happen, drink one for me, and think a happy thought about cranky white kitties.

I don't know yet if we have power at work. I hate the idea of busting ass to drive 2 hours to get there and then find out that there's no light in my building. But I suppose that it's worth sucking it up and finding out. Then I can be the hero again. And save the day with my mysteriously impressive supply of computer batteries.

fucking Seattle.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

dood...you can't call ahead?
seems a big waste to get there and find the joint w/o power.

slyboots2 said...

That...sigh... would've been the smart move. However, since all was well at my house, I pretty much assumed that well, the company that I work for- being what it is- would have power. So, chalk up the idiocy factor in my favor. But I have a the designation of being the rockstar of the department- as I got to save the day for my boss. Otherwise, it was a wash.

Kbot worked the full day without mishap in downtown Seattle. No trees in the neighborhood to take down the power lines.