Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Somthing to do

Besides babysitting cats, I mean. I watched Kagemusha yesterday. Kurosawa is a passion of mine. Even with the silly scenes, he was breathtaking. Interesting trivia note- Kagemusha was produced for foreign distribution by Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas. Whoda thunk?!

Also on the Tivo were The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer, with Myrna Loy and Cary Grant. I liked watching the two of them play together.

And the other good one from this week- that ought to be required viewing- The Haunting. From 1963. Lovely movie- taken from a creepy story by Shirley Jackson. It's one of those that stuck with me for quite a while afterwards.

And now back to the kitty babysitting thing- I have to go give Buddy a time out. He's being naughty. (bet you think I'm kidding!)

4 comments:

(S)wine said...

I'd a thunk that. I think Ronin and I are the only two that know that little tidbit about Kagemusha.

Kurosawa was brilliant. Simply brilliant.

slyboots2 said...

Ikiru is one of my all time favorite movies. Cried like a baby. Beautiful sadness all around. Also loved Dreams. Especially the story about the fox spirits.

I did think that casting Richard Gere as a Japanese American in Rhapsody in August was a tad silly...but I'll certainly allow it for him. And the bald little old lady.

(S)wine said...

Dreams is great. Wasn't Scorsese playing Van Gogh in that? Also...the vignette on the nuclear war...haunting.

slyboots2 said...

I believe so. Marty is such a ham! I loved the dolls story too. I'm such a girl...