Friday, November 11, 2005

Hey guess what!

It's raining. And cold. And I'm still unemployed.

But now the focus of my life (besides getting a job- I haven't given up- I have not yet begun to fight- I regret that I have only one life to give...whatever) is on Christmas presents for the many varied family members. This year I've decided to try and make stuff for them. And not using cat fur and dryer lint held together with assorted kitchen ingredients (cream of tartar, anyone?). Nope. I know that certain peoples on my Santa's good list read this, so I won't detail. But it will keep me busy, and be happy.

And unless there's a big blizzard that prevents it, we will be going home for the holidays. We lack snow tires, or tyres, so shouldn't be all reckless. Despite what Kenga wants. Kenga doesn't get everything he wants- he's not Lola. At least not today. Maybe tomorrow I'll let him be Lola. But not Lola Lola. She was a bitch. (I'll perhaps give anyone who gets the second allusion a bright shiny dollar! I'm being all esoteric and obtuse- because it's raining, and I'm bored.)

Time to watch the rest of the Joan Crawford movie on the tivo. Then maybe finish up with a delightful Carole Lombard confection. Yummy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're not making me anything dumb, because I want stuff made out of cat hair and mayonaise. Actually, I'm making xmas gifts, too. Yorkie Hair and honey makes amazing sculpture (just FYI)

Anonymous said...

The animal hair thing reminds me of something. I had a Kiwi friend (from a family of sheep farmers) who insisted that poodles had wool, not hair. I still insisted that the gloves his granny gave him were made of doghair - certainly smelt that way when wet.

slyboots2 said...

Mayonnaise spoils too quickly. So none of that. Bacon grease, on the other hand has wonderful emollient properties...

Doghair is vile stuff. Yucky. Yucky. Unless it's a poodle. They are actually kind of nice. My mother insists that they are the hypoallergenic dogs- as people aren't supposed to be allergic to them. I think this is an urban myth, but can't say so to my mother. That would be mean.

(S)wine said...

guess what?
it's raining here too. and cold. and i'm unemployed also.
everything's right on track.

slyboots2 said...

It's like some kind of sad club. I'm actually thinking about asking my mother for some wonderful single malt for Christmas. It seems like the appropriate gift. Joy in a bottle for me.