Saturday, February 26, 2005

Last night events

Ok- I know I said I wouldn't rub it in about my FABULOUS life in Seattle, but I just can't help myself. You see, my life is so uneventful as a general rule, that I am compelled, compelled, I tell you, to gloat when fun things come my way.

Last night we went with our darling friends to The Animation Show- hosted by the sweetly emo Don Hertzfeldt (who I am embarrassed to say I was unfamiliar with) and the ever so amazing Mike Judge (who brought you the ever popular Beavis and Butthead (ew), King of the Hill (HELL yes!) and Office Space (OMG!!!)). The animated film shorts were quite good- only the odd French painted one left me with the WTF vibe- perhaps I am not deep enough, no?

What was also fun was the Q & A session following. Neither guy was a real chatty Kathy, but they had some great insights into creativity. I felt really happy to spend another evening with people on top of their game who get to do what they want with their lives professionally. It was inspirational...now if I could figure out what it is exactly that I do want to do with my life professionally...

But there is some hope on the job front- I now have an interview scheduled on Tuesday for Getty Images- the stock photography company based locally in Fremont. I am really excited- it is project managing web sites for them and pays lovely, lovely money. So, think happy job interview thoughts for me at 4 PM (Pacific time) on Tuesday, and I'll do my best to nail it.


No comments: