Saturday, February 26, 2005

And on another note

ONLY 7 DAYS UNTIL THE F1 SEASON!!! I hate to shout like that, but it's important! I'll get my Michael Schumacher on again! Yeah!! It's up there with the Tour de France as the top sport that I obsess about every year. Girl can't help it. Think hot eurotrash glam boys with amazing abs in jumpsuits covered in product endorsements generally banned in the US sitting in open cockpit rocket engines going really fast...sigh...

And the KING with 7 world championships under his belt, for Ferrari- Michael Schumacher...what a guy. What slays me about him is that he seems like a generally nice guy. Not a rock star like Juan Pablo Montoya. Not a cranky whiney boy like his brother Ralf Schumacher. And not an ass like Jacques Villeneuve. But a nice guy. I like those. And he's the most highly paid athlete in the world. And no one in the states who isn't addicted to Speed Channel (#607- check it out) knows who the hell he is. He slums here on vacation cuz he can basically pass as a typical German tourist with his wife and kids.

We've had a long-standing plan to go to a race- this year the goal is Montreal. I just want to look at the cars close up and feel the ambience. Is that asking so much? Huh? Is it??? I thought not. And if, perhaps, by some stroke of fate, I get a glimpse of the lovely Michael (who I admit I crush on), well, then sweet dreams are made of this. And who am I to disagree? I'll remain somewhat cool, promise not to wet myself, saunter over to him and say casually, " I love your ouvre." That'll throw him! Use French pretension to keep him guessing. Yup. I'm ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille.

Now if we could talk Mika Hakinnen out of retirement and into a car before then, I'll be in true blue heaven. For those of you who aren't aware- Mika is the Uber God in my F1 pantheon. Even Michael is a demi-god by comparison. I named our youngest cat after Mika. Mika is a Finnish BOY name- not a girl name. Mika the cat, despite being pretty, would appreciate it if you stopped fucking calling him a girl!!! It makes him colicky.

7 more days....the only sad thing is that we won't be watching it with our Bozeman F1 fan contingent. That totally bites. But we'll be watching. Sure thing. We'll be watching.



No comments: