Friday, February 25, 2005

Creekerville

Good morning all!

Today we start a new feature- word of the day. Today's word, courtesy of our friend from Alabama, Adrian, is Creeker.

Creeker- n. meaning those who live by the creek. Akin to white trash settlers who lived down the road from us in Bozeman- those who could basically floss their teeth with drinking straws.

Usage- Embrace your creeker heritage- show a picture of yourself with a dead mountain goat on your brand spanking new blog. I suppose one could argue that a creeker wouldn't have a blog, wouldn't quite grasp the concept of the web, etc. But creeker roots run deep and wide. And no, it isn't a dead pony, Keith- it is something that Daddy brought home for my viewing pleasure. And it's not goat blood on my face, I am told that I took a header the day before. (Not much changes there- always cursed with poor balance...sigh...)

So- your task for the day- use creeker in at least one sentence. Be creative. It'll be fun! Example- "Don't be such a creeker!" And you have to pronounce it the proper creek way, not the MT crick way. Sorry! Think of it as a foreign tongue- Alabamaese.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot, I love "creeker." That's great. I have a friend who originally hails from Missouri, and one of her uncle's favorite saying was, "That really grouts my ass." Mwa ha.

Congrats on your blog! And as for it not being goat's blood... Tell another one, honey. *grin* You were just unleashing your inner chupacabra at a young age, that's all. It's a perfectly normal part of growing up...er, for some. Okay, a few. I'm sure there are others.

Anyway, I gotta run- at work, but I thought I'd stop by and see what's what. Have fun, and see you soon!

Anonymous said...

A picture of me bieng a Creeker... Hmm sounds like homework over the weekend!

slyboots2 said...

Darlin- anything with a mullet will do just fine.