Thursday, February 24, 2005

Begin the Beguine

Hello World!

I've finally made the plunge and decided to enter the blog world. I've been unemployed since we relocated to the Seattle area (not for want of looking for a job- only landing one), and have been obsessively reading blogs- mainly for a bit of the human touch. I've also taught myself how to knit. And since I've completed a couple of scarves in a week, it's time to find another font of creativity.

So, the first thing was finding a name. I thought of Pirate Chicken Shack- it's an old in-joke with my husband and some of his friends. He was going to start a business called Cap'n Kent's Pirate Chicken Shack... Arg. But then I remembered that chicken is a young gay man, and thought that I might get the wrong idea across.

couchkitten (tm) was devised by my devilshly clever spouse in a fit of random inspiration. Probably inspired by my joking that I'm turning into a large house cat with all of the inactivity. Don't get me wrong- the lack of stress and office politics are very nice, indeed. But it has been a definate change of pace to be an official kept woman. He doesn't keep me in baubles and fine furs, but I do have Tivo, DSL and a Trader Joe's within a couple of minutes. All is well.

More thoughts later- this is a decent start. Bye loves!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
You're hot.
Word up.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Let's define "kept woman"

(Encarta)
kept wom·an


noun
woman supported by a lover: a woman who is financially supported, especially by a married man ( often considered offensive )

Analysis: You are supported by a lover, and he is married. It is implied however that the married man is not married to the woman whom is kept, therefore you are not a kept woman by definition. Having known you I would say that you could not be kept anywhere you didnt find yourself happily obliged to stay. So... you are an "Obliged Woman"

I've meet Kent and I wouldn't consider him offensive either. :)

P.S. When do you start taking knitting orders for the Christmas season? I'd like an Irish Sweater.

slyboots2 said...

Dude- you don't ask for much- I said I was working on SCARVES....god, the demands....