Tuesday, September 02, 2008

You know a vacation from everything ought to be a good excuse to come up with great content. But not really, in my case. Just an excuse to let my mind just go...

Last week was brutal. We had about 50 people in town from across the country, and there was training. Luckily I didn't have to set that up. But I did have events to plan, events to attend, training to attend, something to do every night of the blasted week, and my annual review (which went quite well- got a raise and stock award, thank you). I took Friday off. So it was a 4 day weekend. Because I NEEDED it. It was that or start killing people. I did still manage to go to work for an hour- because of a time-sensitive thingy that needed to be done.

But Kman got a precious, precious track day on Friday. And I got to sleep in. Finally I feel like I can cope again. It was getting dicey. Not in a good way. Like in a "wow. She is coming unraveled" kind of way.

Other than that, not much going on. I did get rolling on the writing project again. Finally had the mental space to actually think about telling a story. And was out of reaction only, please mode. So this week will be sort of quiet, I suspect. But then I am travelling next week, for a big company shindig. Not looking forward to it at all. Not in the least. Seriously. Don't want to travel right now. Especially with 1,000 of my nearest and dearest friends. I really mean it. Just want to stay home and not be challenged for a while.

No such luck. But that's why I get the big bucks. Right. Would that that were true. The big bucks and all that.

Oh- tip of the week- if you get the chance to watch Stalag 17, do so. Great Billy Wilder bait and switch of a movie. Loved it. That William Holden. Gotta love the man. Even if he is good and dead. Because he would make a kick ass zombie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome, awesome movie. haven't seen it in ages! fabulous trick Sefton plays on Price, yea? "what time was it?" 6 pm. GERMAN TIME. i love this kind of stuff. And the culprit...a black chess queen. but why'd it have to be black? why not the white one? ah well...i should put this one on my netflix list; haven't seen it in probably 20 yrs.

slyboots2 said...

It was great. I kind of figured that Wilder had something up his sleeve- it was too much Hogan's Heroes to be real at the start. And Wilder always knew how to pitch the dark side into the equation.

Later this week we have The Fortune Cookie- I have them stored on the DVR for lean TV times like the RNC.