Sunday, September 21, 2008

Now there's a break in the rain. It's good. Because after a perfectly dreary Saturday (CATURDAY!!!) it'll be nice to emerge into something not wet. Damp, perhaps. But wet is not ideal.

I don't intend to spend enormous amounts of time writing about the weather. It just takes over sometimes. Back in the day it was the snow. That would take over. We were prisoners of the winter, and had to deal. It happens here, but not as often. It's more dramatic here, as people stop driving and trees fall over.

So on the docket for today, the amazing and fun job of cleaning the house and finishing my big project of the weekend- the one that had me all pissy and annoyed yesterday. I am going through boxes of papers. And shredding tons of things and just throwing plenty of stuff away. I hate carting things around, and have a very bad habit of hoarding paperwork. I think it is genetic. Ask my father. He has a professional reason for it. But I would say in this instance it imprinted.

Makes me grumpy as hell to go traipsing through the past like that. I see where I spent time that wasn't justified. I see where I spent energy that wasn't clarified. It was not all fun. So then after getting well out of sorts, we had dinner with friends, and I abandoned the project for the day. It helped.

And now to get rolling- there is very little left.

2 comments:

kim wells said...

Holy Crap that soccer net story was alarming! I am very glad we've never invested in one, although we have thought of it!! Jeez!! The story about the mom holding her son while he strangled... I'm afraid I would have to kill someone--whoever know about this and didn't recall it-- myself.

I'm glad you have a break in your rain. That was one thing that used to get to me when we lived up there. I remember the day we left-- a few days before Thanksgiving-- it was gray, cloudy, damp. We drove 32 hours til we got to Phoenix til we stopped. :)

slyboots2 said...

Yeah, I actually sent that one to everyone on my team at work. Not to be too alarmist, but it would be easy to miss that in all of the hullabaloo about the economy, etc.

It is officially fall here. All the rain is back, and the sky is murky and grey. Just the way we sort of like it, or go crazy with it, or something.