Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Once again there is an impasse. I just can't get the words out. I suspect it's because I talk so bloody much during the day. There are just no opportunities for quiet. Not really. Not in my head. Not really.

But that's to be expected, as Mama says. It's because I am a gemini. And was a busy child. Always hiding in the clothes racks at Hennesy's. Scared the crap out of her numerous times. But she never stopped taking me shopping. Would run off in the grocery store and explore. But she never stopped taking me along.

But all those words, just pouring out. I wonder if there is really an endless supply of them, or if someday I will just run out. It scares me sometimes. Like the elevator dream I had last night. We were trapped above the roofline of the building, hanging by a thread, with the door open and the elevator cab floating there, shifting from the left to the right. The others were trying to keep me relatively calm, because I was very unhappy there. Floating without a way down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see now...in your dream your elevator goes UP. you're trapped, yes, but you're UP. As opposed to my dream in which the elevator goes the opposite way.
yea.
so at least you've got THAT going for you.

slyboots2 said...

The really fun part is that I take an elevator at work, a long way up. Every day. And I did think about this dream on the way up yesterday.