Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Ok, despite best intentions (and you know how effective those are), I haven't uploaded photos yet.

Mitigating factors: Kman bought a new motorcycle yesterday. It is nice. The guy delivered it to the house last night- there was drama- the title is going to be a bit delayed as there is financing involved on the seller's end, and there were many feverish calls and much internet searching the other night to resolve how to handle this. Sadly, this kind of thing has become very common- people living with way too fucking much debt to make a secure go of it- and having to liquidate things that they owe money on, at times for a loss. But the bike sure is pretty.

Mitigating factor redux: spent the day in training yesterday, and was bloody tired. It was one of those active participation kinds of things- one in which I appeared to be the only person in my group with significant motor skills. The rest apparently were "thinkers". I got the majority of the actual grunt work done. Which either means that I am good, or merely an idiot who falls for that trick. You guess.

Then: spent the evening trying to finish the rather downbeat but enthralling book about the Holocaust The Lost, by Daniel Mendelsohn. It isn't happy. But then I doubt that any book covering the attempted extermination of a large group of people could be considered happy. There are things that I have been reading that have made me think a lot. Stuff that I never knew and never considered. I like reading these kinds of books on occasion (if I did it all the time, I would no doubt off myself) mainly because it is a damned good reminder that I don't know as much as I thought I knew, and need to continue to learn more. Lots more.

That's about it. Oh, and I've started going to the gym again post-vacation. There you have it. The round-up of what the hell is going on here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog could be more exciting if you can create another topic that everyone can relate on.

Anonymous said...

...like Uruguayan pygmie leper colonies who--on one hand--use the sun dial to tell time, but the modern, digital alarm clock to wake up in the mornings.

slyboots2 said...

Last time I checked I wasn't taking requests. Thank you, come again.

Oh what the hell- I'll work on the leper colony thingy.

Anonymous said...

what kind o' bike benke buy?

coyo

Anonymous said...

dude those are spam bots (vs kbots)

c

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- it's some kind of Yamaha 600cc thingy- 50th anniversary, yellow and black, clean as hell and sitting in the Ga-rage. The boy is in love. What can I say. I think her name is Amy. But that is an inside joke that no one shares but the Kman and me- still- she needs a name, and I am thinking Buzzbomb.