Friday, October 24, 2008

To the vast aggravation of it all, yesterday my mentor took a good look at my resume for the first time. She is helping me revise. And she said, "just in looking at it, it's obvious that you are in the wrong job." Thank you. Thanks so very much. And I really do mean that with some sincerity. Because I was beginning to wonder.

Not that comfort isn't good- it's just deadly in my world. I am surrounded by people who do what I do, and have forever, and so on, the end. And they drive me batshit. They are often bitter. They are often chock full o' noblesse oblige. By proxy, doncha know. And I can see the appeal. It hits me sometimes.

But I know better. I know that more than one more year of this gig, and it will be very bad. Very bad, indeed. A bored me is a very unhappy me. And this has all the hallmarks of being that avenue.

So, there are job rumblings that I have to deal with, for sanity's sake. But not today. Not tomorrow. In the future, but that will rush up on me without fail. No pressure, though. No pressure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are actually always comforting words. Unfortunately, you'll be emerging into a world without good jobs. But...it's cyclical.

kim wells said...

I hate being vulnerable to job-ish-ness. It's like being in a big "dating" meat market. Here's my resume-- like me. Please? I'm so much better than that person over there....

Sigh.

Here's hoping it turns out fine for you, one way or another, one day or another. :)

slyboots2 said...

Well, the good news is I don't have to do anything right away. The bad news is that it will likely be difficult when I do decide to jump. But what is life without adversity, eh?